Tuesday, August 20, 2013

About Me (EDUC 630)

Hello--my name is Tai Steeb and I live in Arlington, VA. I moved to this area from Pittsburgh, PA, where I was born and raised, when I was offered a job to teach kindergarten. I am beginning my third year at this school and love working with young students. I am currently pursuing a master's of teaching and learning with a focus in educational technology and online education. In the classroom, I have developed a love for using technology in the classroom and am very excited to be a part of this degree program through Liberty University.


I really enjoy using technology both personally and in the classroom. I use it to keep in touch with friends from high school and my undergraduate studies. I have made some videos using Windows Movie Maker and iMovie for both personal and professional use. I browse the Internet for teaching ideas and often find great ones to use in the classroom. I use SMART Technologies with my students--from presentations to programs that allow my students to sync their netbooks with my computer. I also like using Kidspiration so my students can use pictures and stamps to display their ideas. I love using Bookflix (by Grolier) and BrainPopJr with my students as well.


In my spare time, I really like reading, tap dancing, and exploring the museums and monuments of the Washington, D. C. metro area. There are so many things to do in this area—it is a lot of fun! Being from Pittsburgh, I bleed black and gold and am extremely proud of the Pirates this season, and am ready for the football and hockey seasons to get underway!


I am looking forward to getting to know others in this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment